Monday, June 14, 2010

Cruise (Part 1)



This will be a quick post about one portion of our cruise,...the rest will come later when I have access to photoshop, or it would be photo overload!

Nathan, Grandpa Swenson and Jared did a Marlin fishing tour in Mazlatan. They went out on a fishing boat with a guide and two other fisherman. Nathan was the only one out of their group to catch a marlin, and boy was he excited. It was 6 1/2 feet tall and weighed 75 lbs. We could have paid $800 to have it mounted....and Jared almost did it, but come on, where on earth would I put it...the pictures will have to do.






5 comments:

The Otis Family said...

Nate is lucky he stayed in the boat reeling that thing in.

Jenn S said...

That is soooooo cool! Tell him that we are WAY proud of him! He'll never forget that day!

Sparks said...

That is the biggest fish I have even seen.....ok except for on nature shows but that doesn't count. What an awesome experience for him!

And seriously, do people REALLY pay $800 to shellac a fish?!?!

MG said...

That is really cool.

Katie L. said...

I don't understand why you don't want that hanging on your wall! ;) It could be something you pass on to your grandchildren...ha!