Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hiking

Last Friday night we took the kids (and Pete) on a hike. This is the great thing about Alaska. We can leave when Jared gets home from work, drive 5 minutes, and have a great hike in the outdoors. It was gorgeous....perfect weather, beautiful scenery, and great company. Of course, I was the only one who got cold enough to wear a sweatshirt....the boys are too tough! It was a great night.

Views from the top of Baldy:

Alpenglow:


6 comments:

MG said...

WOW! Beautiful. I would wear a sweat shirt too I am always cold...but I think it would be red. :)

Katie L. said...

That is beautiful! I can't wait to come hiking there...someday. :)

Heath said...

OK, OK, if you are trying to make me jealous, it's working! lol ;0) Enjoy every moment of that beautiful country.

Sparks said...

Oh isn't that just stunning????

Jenn S said...

Absolutely beautiful and so fun that you can go hike so close to home. AK is an amazing place! I love your pictures and look so forward to your new blog posts!

The Otis Family said...

Just rubbin' it in huh? The scenery is breath taking.