Last Saturday we went with our friends The Napolean's (I have to say thanks to her for a lot of the pictures), to see the "unofficial" start of the Iditarod, in downtown Anchorage. The official start was Sunday in Willow. It was crowded, cold, and foggy, but so worth going!
It really was wall to wall people the closer you got to the starting line.
Come of the cool signs:
The dogs were so beautiful and very loud. All they wanted to do was run!
There were dogs everywhere...some still in the warm trucks.
There was a lot of "Alaksan" fashion walking around!
The boys had a great time (Well I think Nathan did, although you can't tell from his teenage expression!) and even enjoyed some Reindeer Sausage hotdogs!







2 comments:
Very cool! You need to get a picture of your skirt thing that keeps you warm...I still can't picture it. Geez Nate, smile much?
Glad we could all go together! Thanks for a fun day!
Post a Comment