Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sad Day

This move was really hard on our dog Wolf. He was never himself after we left Louisiana. We are not sure what happened, but one day he lost it and attacked Jared. It took us all by shock. After we got Jared taken care of at the ER (multiple puncture wounds to his wrist), we made the decision that we had to put Wolf down. Jared couldn't trust him anymore and he didn't feel like he could give him to anyone after what had happened. Wolf has been Jared's hunting buddy for many years. This was hard on all of us, but especially Jared. He was devastated and heartbroken.

Fast forward a few days.... He had a friend in Utah who was looking for someone to take his dog. After talking it over with me (it took a lot of convincing and I must say we had some pretty good fights over this one), we welcomed another dog into the family.

Meet Pete, our new English Pointer:
Jared is happy once again, the boys are happy, and mom is happy to not have to live with an unhappy Dad! Pete has turned out to be a great dog. He is so much more calm, and family friendly than Wolf was. I think this will be great for the family.

3 comments:

Sparks said...

I'm so sorry to hear of Wolf. It's so hard to loose a furbaby!

Pete is darling!

Jenn S said...

Oh, poor Jared! That was a very sad day and I was so scared when I got your text! Here's to hoping that Pete follows all the Cardon rules and behaves himself in AK!!!

The Otis Family said...

I'm glad Pete is more of a "family" dog vs just a huntin' dog. I hope that some day Pete can get out of the garage and be a good huntin' buddy.