Saturday, March 17, 2012

Ice Caving....Alaska style!

Jared and Nathan went camping to Turnigan Pass with the Boy Scouts. The first night the slept in tents...and FROZE. They had plenty of warm gear and sleeping bags, but it was just cold. It was a crystal clear sky, which ment COLD, but great Northern Lights. Jared said it was unbelievable. He only had his cell phone camera, so we didn't get any pictures of that. The next day they spent hours and hours building a snow cave. Jared says the pictures don't even do it justice. They slept in the caves the second night and were toasty warm. They had a blast, especially Nathan who is still talking about it. They also went snow shoeing, and Jared said Nate was a beast....Jared couldn't even keep up with him. Josh and I were nice and warm at home!!!!

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

Very VERY cool! I'm glad that your hubby took pictures so we could see it! I don't think that I would ever want to do it but it's amazing to see! :)

Cherie said...

That looks like it was really fun!! They did a great job on the cave!