Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Grandma comes to town....


My mom was on Spring Break, and she decided to come to Alaska....who goes to Alaska on Spring Break? Thanks mom!

We had TONS of fun!

We went to the Bear Tooth, a dinner movie theater. We saw Big Miracle and ate a yummy dinner.
She did some sewing for me and made me some really cute pillows for my couches!
We did lots of shopping and even bought me some cute new dishes. It was time to get rid of the old ones that we have had since we got married 17 years ago!
We ate at Olive Garden and then Grandma, Nathan and I went to see Hunger Games. Josh got to hang out at work with Jared, fun for him!


We drove to Talkeetna and got a great view of Mt. McKinley.


I had to take the picture of the pink vehicles for Cory!

Had breakfast at The Roadhouse. The best Sour Dough pancakes, ever!
It was a great week!

4 comments:

MG said...

Wow you got to see Mt McKinley it hid the whole week we were up there. I love Grandma visits and your dishes are very nice. We need to change our dishes also after 17 years of mismatched leftovers

Katie L. said...

How fun! I love the pillows. All that mom can talk about is how good the food was there and how good the food was that you made. I need recipes!

The Otis Family said...

Chris is DYING to see Mt. McKinley. Seriously. We wants to climb the crazy mountain. Glad you had your Mom there to bust you out of your winter blues. Looks like fun.

The Alaska DeKays said...

How fun. Moms are so great. Love the pillows and the cute dishes.