Monday, July 2, 2012

LDS Scout Encampment

Jared and Nathan were able to attend an LDS Scout Encampment here in Alaska last week.  There were approximately 800 LDS boys and 200 leaders from Alaska, Canada, and Washington areas.
Nathan was able to earn his canoeing and kayaking merit badge, and is now ready for his Eagle.  His project got approved while he was away, so now he needs to get busy!  Jared helped with the white water rafting, and spent many hours on the river.  They were also able to listen to Brad Wilcox, his son, Hank Smith, Michael McLean, and Elder Christensen of the Seventy.  I think it was a very spiritual week for them both.  They came home dirty and tired, so I guess it was a success.




2 comments:

Katie L. said...

That is awesome! I cannot believe how tall he is...am I even going to recognize him???

Cherie said...

That really is awesome!