Thursday, July 31, 2008

July catch up!





We have spent the month in Utah and have had SO much fun! Here is a quick overview....


hiking, pedicures, sleepovers, playing with cousins, rodeo, fireworks, boating, swimming, water parks, horse riding, hot dog roasts, picnics, temple, family dinners, late nights, early mornings, shopping, movies, eating, Birthday parties, marshmellow guns, Park City, surfing (not at the ocean, on the lake behind a boat), and an occasional chore or two. Jared was able to join us for a week. We were so sad to see this trip come to an end. As we headed home, we really wished home was Iowa. We got back to Louisiana to find nothing had changed...still HOT and HUMID and our grass was still DEAD!


More exciting times from Louisiana to come.......... (I hope!)


Sorry for the picture overload. Click on the boxes to make them bigger.





13 comments:

Jenn S said...

GREAT pictures! I want to come with you next time....all the water sports look so fun! I bet you were so sad to leave! I am thinking about you in Louisiana and hope it's "home" soon! We all miss you so much here...it's NOT the same without you! Just to make you feel better...it's WAY hot and sticky here too!!! YUCK!

510Jen said...

Love the update! Isn't Utah the greatest. I love your toenails. Can't wait for some more L update! We miss all of you girls who left definitely not the same.

The pool is dead.

Jayne said...

You guys look like you are having so much fun. Alexia misses Josh (she was hoping that he would be in her class again and I had to remind her that you moved :-(, but we are glad you are doing well.

Jessica said...

We miss you already:( We had a blast while you were here!

Melissa said...

Is that you on the tube? You look scared! Glad you had fun & hope LA is feeling more like home...for 3 years. Go west, Cardon's!

Katie L. said...

SOB...we totally miss you guys! My boys are going through withdrawls...as well as their mom! The pictures are great and we can't wait for your next visit! :)

Laura B said...

You look like you had so much fun. Aren't summer's great? I've gotta know where to buy a marshmallow gun?? Kyler would love that.

Isabelle Cannon said...

love the pics. I wish you were still here in Utah so we could get together. Looks like you guys had a blast!!! Can't wait for more updates in your new area.

[S Rizzle] said...

seriously. We miss you. BBSit will never be the same, right Michelle?

Jenn S said...

Okay..how dumb am I??? That IS you on the tube...I was about to cuss you out for not posting pics of yourself in Utah... BTW, I am waiting for a picture of you on your couch in LA...THAT would make for a great post! Love you and miss you...thank heavens for network to network cell phones!

kendra said...

It looks like so much fun! We spent our time in Utah with some stomach flu we all passed around to each other. NOT GOOD. Next time I think I'll take the guided tour from you!

Amy said...

Next time you surf behing a boat... I want to come! I'll have to try that out and take a break from wakeboarding - oh wait, I haven't been able to do that since we moved HERE - how depressing. Randy keeps telling me about docs that say they will take us, but I have yet to experience the joy. At least you had a MONTH of fun before reality came back. Love you and miss you! It's been humid here to so don't feel TOO bad.

Alison said...

So glad you had a great time in Utah. Nothing like Utah summers. I am paying attention to the weather now in Louisiana and it seems hot and humid. Hope you are adjusting. Tell Josh hello from Landon and good luck with school. Can you believe we start back in one week??