Well we said good-bye to Iowa and our friends (actually we didn't say good-bye to everyone, it is SO much easier to live in denial....so for those of you who didn't get an official farewell, sorry, but it did spare me lots of tears!) As we were driving through Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas and Louisiana, we just kept thinking, "What are we getting ourselves into." We stopped to visit Jared's sister in Arkansas and then headed to Louisiana. We arrived in Bossier City on Monday morning at 4:30 a.m. Our movers arrived at 8:00 a.m. and it was move in time. Fast forward 5 days, lots of sweat, tears, work, and help (thanks mom, couldn't have done it without you) and we now have a great home that we feel we can be happy with. As for the negatives, the humidity is oppressive, it took Jared 2 hours to mow the lawn, the boys are stir crazy, I have no linen closet or coat closet, we have already flooded the kitchen, garage and Nate's room (the washer hose came off), milk is $4.12 a gallon and we had a gas dryer and the hook up is for electric. We will survive! Happy 4th of July!
I will post pictures soon!
3 comments:
Happy you made it! Counting down the hours until you return to NM!
Can't wait till you come out here! At least there's no humidity. I'm glad you made it!
I am in denial too! I get this pit in my stomach every time I drive by Kansas Ave...seriously, I can't even think about you being gone! Tell Jared, I am REALLY mad at him!!!
Post a Comment