Monday, August 11, 2008

Finally something to do......


So living in Louisiana has brought us much sorrow..... no "nice" community pool (North Liberty rocks!), no close parks, no cool weather, no friends, no Children's Museum, etc. What are we to do? Well, I have spent numerous hours feeling sorry for myself on the couch, we have watched lots of TV and we have longed for this summer to be over. Today, I decided we had to find something else to do. I searched online for movie theaters or museums and yeah, I found a Science Station/IMAX downtown. So I was "super mom" and surprised the boys with a fun filled afternoon. They had a great time and the museum was awesome. They even got to touch a human heart, lungs, and brain! They were in heaven. We loved it so much that I bought a yearly pass. So guess what we will be doing every week! Finally something FUN to do in Louisiana.

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

Super gross with the brain! Yuck! But of course the boys would love that! Happy Birthday Nate! I am glad that you have found something fun to do there!

Sharee said...

Looks like fun! Is Nate on a bed of nails?

Sharee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

Yes that would be mom making a comment! I set her up so she can leave us all sorts of cute messages!! I'm not to sure about the whole touching a human brain and heart! Sounds fun!

Jenn S said...

Yeah...a museum! The boys looked like they had fun. They love stuff like that. You will find fun stuff to do in Louisiana, just you wait....soon, you will forget all about Iowa and you will never want to leave LA!!!

Heath said...

Hey Cardon Clan! Is Louisiana a permanent stop for you guys? We were still crossing our fingers that you would end up back in Abq. I had Jared come look at the pictures of Nathan and asked him if he knew who that was and he got a big smile on his face and said YES! We miss you guys!