Monday, June 15, 2009

HOT and HUMID

This is why you don't want to live in out visit Louisiana.......

These would be the temperatures without the humidity, add that in, and we are looking at temperatures in the high 90's to 100's. How can I do anything in this. I am WET all the time! Biking, going to the pool, going to the park, playing outside, all of this is a nightmare. I mowed the lawn today at 8:00 in the morning. I was sweating so much that I had to have a towel over my shoulders to wipe face off. I had sweat running in my eyes and pouring off of me. I ran errands today too and by the time I got from the air conditioned car to the air conditioned building, I was sweating. And the worst thing of all... IT IS ONLY JUNE!!!!!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Think DRY HEAT!

Robyn said...

I'm so sorry--it would drive me crazy!! Think about all the Utah heat you'll get in July. Can't wait to see you.

Jenn S said...

Hey...I'd still come see ya'll! Can't complain about Iowa right now....70's and decent humidity.

P.S. try turning down your AC a little...it might help out with the conditions there!!!!

Mindy said...

Oh Hillary I am so sorry. There is nothing I hate more that being hot AND sweaty. Just think, we have had one of the mildest (is that a word?)Junes I can remember. Hopefully July will be the same way. We are excited to see you!

The Swensons said...

That's the truth of it all--humidity is the worst! It may be 115 here in the summer, but at least it is as dry as it gets. I HATE humidity! Only a few weeks until Utah!

Mieke said...

The heat really does stink, but the amazing food almost makes up for it, right? :)

Jessica said...

It has been in the 60's and 70's here with tons of rain! I have even contemplated turning on the heat a couple of nights. I wish we had some sun so we could go boating or swimming! Can't wait to see you!

Sparks said...

I just found your blog...YEAH!

I hear ya about the heat, we are ready to move about now. I need a trip to Utah also!

~Cindy Sparks