Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring Break

The kids had a week of for Spring Break, so Jared took a few days off and we went to San Antonio. We spent a day at Sea World, and the boys had a great time. The weather was perfect and we got to see all the animals and shows. We didn't do the rides...roller coasters and my family are not great friends. We walked away with a new pet, "Shamu" Joshua's new favorite stuffed animal.

The next day was freezing and windy. We drove past the Alamo (line was too long to get in and it was too cold) and then went to the River Walk. It was so beautiful, and we braved the cold to walk up and down the canal.

On the way home we stopped to visit the Page Family in Austin. We haven't seen each other since we both moved from Albuquerque. It was so fun to catch up and see how the kids have changed. Joshua and Aubrey have changed the most, Amie and I haven't aged a bit!!!!!



We had a great, quick trip, and came home relaxed and refreshed!

6 comments:

Jenn S said...

SO FUN! Great pictures. I bet the kids loved it! I am just sad you chose S.A. over Iowa for spring break. I mean, come on.....we could have gone to Coral Ridge to the Children's Museum for a couple of the days. You missed out!

Glad you got to have Major Cardon with you for part of break.....it makes it all more bearable!

Katie L. said...

Hey, we have a pet Shamoo from Sea World too! You don't look very happy in that picture of you and the boys in front of a very beautiful building...was Jared taking too long to take the picture? hee hee hee :)

It looks like it was a fun trip! Too bad it wasn't in Utah!

Katie L. said...

I really did mean Shamu...I thought that Shamoo looked funny. I should just go to bed!

Robyn said...

Nate is doing an amazing job on the piano. You trip looks like a lot of fun. Makes me want to plan a get away for my family.

The Swensons said...

Looks like tons of fun. Don't worry about the Alamo--Eric and went there and, let's just say it isn't all it is cracked up to be. Glad you were able to get away!

Jessica said...

How can you come home from a trip relaxed? I usually need a day after the trip to do that! Looks like you had fun!