Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mrs. Hilsman!

Joshua has LOVED kindergarten and his teacher Mrs Hilsman.
Josh and I had a conversation about how after the last day of school he wouldn't get to see Mrs. Hilsman again.... this was the wrong thing to say. He got SO sad and couldn't believe that we couldn't visit again from Louisiana. I consoled him and then added that maybe we would see her at the swimming pool this summer. I didn't realize how sad he would be, and then I suddenly realized just how much time he has spent with her this past year. I guess saying "Good-bye" is hard even for a 6 year old.
Joshua spent a lot of time on a card for Mrs. Hilsman and even drew a portrait of her.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Cute picture of Mrs. Hilsman, Josh! You're pretty cute yourself!

Mindy said...

We totally understand that! Syd came to me crying the second day of summer vacation because she missed her teacher.I remember loving some of my teacher like that too.
By the way, thanks for the heads up on that hair blog. I am totally obsessed with it now!

Katie L. said...

How sweet! That is a great picture! I feel so bad for him but just tell him he gets to come out here soon! Ben is counting the days..and so am I!

Jessica said...

How cute. His picture of her is darling!