So Nathan is finishing up 3rd grade this year and part of his work has been to do a research paper. He chose to write on the Peregrine Falcon.... seems easy enough, but Nathan is a PERFECTIONIST! Picture a 3rd grader writing their first report and needing it to be college quality. IMPOSSIBLE! (Let me just say I taught 3rd grade and as a teacher you would probably expect a 1-2 page paper... not Nate's his was 4 1/2 pages long.) He finally finished it the last week of school. Not procrastination, just perfection! Yikes, I hope this isn't a preview of life to come. By the way, he did a GREAT job!
4 comments:
Good job, Nate. I can relate. My first report was on Panda bears in 3rd grade, and that thing took forever. I bet my parents were glad when it was finished. To make things worse, I had chicken pox during the research...at least I got a little extra time to make it extra perfect!
What a guy! You must be proud. Not everyone takes such an interest in school so I think it's great that they love their teachers and want to try so hard. Must also be a great example of hard work from mom and dad!
Wow! I am very impressed! Have him write something and send it out to Ben, he loves to get mail!
I am way impressed. I am even more impressed with his handwriting. He has excellent penmenship. I wish half of the kids in my 5th grade class could write that well.
Post a Comment