Monday, June 16, 2008

Oh my Gosh......

The dam before the water came over the spillway....

After the water came over...


Just wanted to let everyone know that we are alive. It is hard to believe what our town looks like. Roads I drove on 2 days ago, under water. Buildings I was in 2 days ago, under water. It is amazing to see how fast take over a city. We have just been watching the news and trying to stay entertained. We have also been praying that we don't loose power or water. The water is slowly starting to come down and then the real work will begin. Jared is home for the whole week. The University got hit hard. His clinic is okay, but they still closed for the week. Girls camp got cancelled. I-80 is closed and I-380 is closed. What a nightmare. Hopefully we will be out of here soon!
My favorite place to get drinks, under water...

Right by Jared's work. The building in the bottom left is a Walgreens and right behind that is our favorite Mexican resturant...

Storms continue to come, with wind, hail and tornados...

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad your ok! You are in our prayers. Good Luck!

Isabelle Cannon said...

We are almost out of here!!! I feel very bad for the people that we are leaving behind.

Mindy said...

I have been thinking about you guys and I am glad you are OK. I hope you stay dry! Lots of love.

Jenn S said...

I know you are glad to get outta here...but I can't wait for my phone call from LA! I still can't believe you are leaving...reality has NOT set in yet!!!

Katie L. said...

Holy cow! I can't wait until you guys get out here so you can be dry and safe in this heat! That is SO crazy! Those pictures really tell a lot!

Robyn said...

I've been wondering how you guys were. Glad your alright. Hope all the water goes down quickly. Stay dry.

Pam Jorgensen said...

Wow Hilary! So glad you guys are OK! I was saddened by all the destruction but when I saw a beloved Sonic underwater I just broke down devastated! I weep for your drink loss!