Nathan is starting piano lessons. He is excited, but not as excited as Mom and Dad. We hope he learns to love it and becomes great at it. He really wants to play the guitar, but we told him he had to learn piano first. I took piano when I was younger, and I wish I would have taken it more seriously. I can still play, with A LOT of practice. So maybe with Nathan playing, I will pick it up again too.
14 comments:
Way to go Nate! I would love to get my boys into piano, there are about 3 teachers in our neighborhood. But that would mean that I would need a piano...oh well!
Good for him...I wish I could take lessons right along side him. See...great things are happening in Louisiana!
I'm jealous you can get him to play the piano. Then again it's hard to play with no piano. Hard to justify the expensive when no one plays. Enjoy the sweet sound of music?!
Good for you Nate! Stick with it! Kaylee wants to start, I need to sign her up!
Good job Nate! Hillary--the Faber books are great--they are what I teach out of. Hope Nate enjoy's playing.
good for you Nate. I wish I had stuck with the piano also when I was little. Good luck with the whole practicing thing, it gets to be a pain!!! at least it is with Issy
Whatever you do, make him hang in there at least until he can play a couple of hymns - it really comes in handy! :) We're trying to get our hands on a piano, too, so Keegan can get started. The younger, the better, right?
Mieke
Way to go Nathan! We hope you have a lot of fun learning and playing! Shefton started when he was your age and although he grumbles, it is so much fun to listen to him play!
I am jealous. I could never read the notes...they all looked like they on the same line to me! What a dork I am! Hannah would love to give it a try, but like the others...no piano. I guess we could buy a keybord to get started, & if she hangs with it, make the investment. Keep it up Nate!
I guess you survived the hurricane. Great that Nathan is doing piano. Everyone should at least take for a year right? That's all I did:)
I guess you survived the hurricane. Great that Nathan is doing piano. Everyone should at least take for a year right? That's all I did:)
Me too! I hated my piano teacher so I never wanted to go. Now I wish I had stuck with it, but what do you do. I decided I would take class again someday so I could at least play some hymns. I LOVED your phone call last week - made my DAY!!
I can't wait for my kids to take. I think it is the best thing for all. He is getting soooo big.
Connor Hill is taking guitar and LOVES it but same thing Teresa made him start with piano first. Smart.
This is the same thing for our kids. They have to have a piano foundation. I am firm on that one!
Post a Comment