Saturday, August 30, 2008

School is what?

School is cancelled! Can you believe it. The Governor has cancelled school Monday thru Wednesday. I can understand cancelling southern Louisiana, but we are 6 hours from the coast. Oh my, what will I do for 3 days to entertain my kids? Any suggestions?

12 comments:

Katie L. said...

You guys have the best of luck where ever you move! Wow! You can always go and let them touch brains again! Ha! I say make a day a movie day and let them go pick out their favorite at the store. It would be a great day for you!

The Otis Family said...

We will get the kids together and we will hide in the corner where they can't find us. :)

Laura B said...

Wow, Hillary. Haven't you had enough? Cancelled school is crazy. I'm so sorry.

Mindy said...

Hillary you win the award for living through the craziest weather, wherever you move. I say stay in your jammies and watch movies. I guess my vote is with Katie! :)

Jessica said...

So now you have hurricane days instead of snow days! Hey, make it your goal to find another cool activity in Bossier City or close to it!

Melissa said...

I tagged you. Check out my blog!

Alison said...

Hillary!!!I have been wondering about you for the past few days and just chuckle not believing it. You are getting in on all of the action when it comes to weather! We have seen on the news there are many shelters in Shreeveport. We are glad you are safe and hang in there. Do you have two more years and 10 months now? Lots of love to you and your family!

Jenn S said...

YUCK! And I thought Iowa was the only ones that cancelled school....don't worry, I will be posting that comment on my blog this winter, while crying about my girls being home on a snow day! You should just load up the boys and head to Iowa!!!!

Amy said...

I agree with Jenn, come back to Iowa and we can do... oh wait, there's nothing to do here either!

kendra said...

first things first - a dog on your wall?!! How could you give in?! Only two more years right? ha ha Seriously, I'm a firm believer that a husband should have his own room for just this situation. And next - I feel your pain. We don't have hurricane school closures here we have for no reason school closures. Landon's been in school for two and half weeks and he's had five days off. Bluh. What's up with that?
I'm glad you're safe from the storm. Good luck entertaining the troops!

Robyn said...

I think you should take the kids outside have them hold on to a tree and see if the wind will blow them parallel to the ground-take pics and post them here. J/K. You really should find some way to document this though-you guys could start a crazy weather blog and talk about how the crazy weather follows you everywhere. :)

Isabelle Cannon said...

Oh gosh, that brings back Iowa memories. Good luck keeping them entertained!! What a pain.