Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cardon Family Goes Tropical.....



Meet "Rocky" the fish and "Pirate" the hermit crab. We have added two new "pets" into our family. We feel a need to add some beachy, tropical culture to our cold Iowa winter...

Actually, Nathan has had the hermit crab for a while, which has caused Joshua to be a little jealous. We told Josh that since we were moving soon, we should wait to get him a pet. Last night, Nathan had his Scout dinner and for decorations they had gold fish in bowels on the tables. When it was over, they said anyone could take the fish home. Well, Josh wanted one really bad, but mean Mom and Dad told him "No". He started crying a "very sad" cry and one of the scout leaders, kindly handed him one. So what was I to do..... He was SO excited. Tender hearted me, said okay, and even made a trip to Walmart on the way home to pick up a fish bowl and food. All I can say is he is in heaven! Nathan on the other hand is now a little jealous of Joshua. I guess there can never be a happy medium.

(my spell checker is not working, so pardon any mistakes)

6 comments:

[S Rizzle] said...

now who the hack planned an event with live fish? What do you do with them at the end? Entrap an unsuspecting parent!!!

Katie L. said...

How cute! We have had our "dang" goldfish for over a year! Aren't they suppose to only live 6 months or something? Jessica gave up on her fish and I had to take it too so it wouldn't die! Now Ben the fish won't let Sharkie eat! Oh the drama of FISH! Josh sure looks happy!

Michele said...

That is the kind of pet for us. Connor has been wanting a pet for soooo long but I am not about to get a dog like he and Jason want. too much work but a fish I could do. Connor will be so jealous.

Jenn S said...

Fun for YOU! We won't be following in your footsteps anytime soon. NO PETS IN THE STRINGHAM HOUSEHOLD!!! Oh, and ya...sorry the fish died!

Jessica said...

I can't have pets, I don't remember to take care of them so Katie had to bail out "little duckling" (our gold fish who has since been renamed Sharkie) and take it home with her fish "ben". That fish has been alive for 17 months! Good luck!!!

Jessica said...

I can't have pets, I don't remember to take care of them so Katie had to bail out "little duckling" (our gold fish who has since been renamed Sharkie) and take it home with her fish "ben". That fish has been alive for 17 months! Good luck!!!