Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OPRAH!!!






Some friends and I made a quick trip to Chicago this week to go to the "Oprah Show". This has been a dream of mine and it was WELL worth the trip. I got tickets last week, and invited my friends, Alison, Jen, Michelle, and Gwen, to go with me. We left Monday night at 8:00, pulled into our hotel at midnight, got up at 5:00, and arrived at Oprah at 6:00. It was awesome. We saw two tapings, one with Valerie Bertanelli (airing Monday) and one with William Shatner (airing Tuesday). We even got the Star Trek, Season one, DVD set.... Wow! We were done by 11:00, stopped at California Pizza Kitchen for lunch and got home at 5:00. It really was a whirl wind trip, but the "Oprah" experience was awesome! FYI: I was in bed at 8:00 that night and slept like a baby.

10 comments:

Katie L. said...

I am so excited you won Star Treck!!!! I know you secretly watch it! :) Ha! Sounds like you had a great trip! I want to go next time! Oh, are you getting taller? You seem super tall in those pictures! You look really great!

Robyn said...

I am soooo... jealous! How fun. I'll have to watch to see if I can spot you in the audience.

Jenn S said...

yes...we did it! so glad we could go before you leave us! thanks for getting the tickets....

Pam Jorgensen said...

Very cool! I've always wanted to go just to see what free stuff I could get! What a fun girly trip!

Michele said...

What a great trip. Thanks so much Hillary for getting us the tickets. I would have never done it on my own so thanks. We had such a great time.

Page Family said...

I can't believe that you went to Oprah! I bet that it was pretty neat!

510Jen said...

I am so glad you were able to go. Isn't it the funnest thing to be sitting right in Oprah's audience. Glad you were able to make it even with the crappy weather we have been having.

Laura B said...

Your pictures are cute. It sounds like a blast. Willlian Shatner ROCKS!!

Jessica said...

I call dibs on the Trekie movie!!! Hey how many messages have you left on other peoples sights under my name!?!?;)

Anonymous said...

LUCKY.... I so want to go to Oprah someday. It looks like you all had so much fun!