
We had a very nice Easter this year. Friday night we decorated Easter eggs with the kids. We attempted to dye camouflage eggs this year, but they turned out more like icky green and black, but the boys thought they were cool, so I guess that is all that matters. We went to our friends Gary and Gwen's home for the traditional ham dinner on Saturday. They are great hosts and we had a great time. Sunday morning the kids woke up to find baskets with LOTS of candy. Joshua got a new leapster game and Nate got Yugio cards. Thanks Easter Bunny. We then got all dressed in our new "Easter" outfits and went to church. When we got home we watched the Lamb of God (an Easter movie put out by our church). After this we told the boys that we had a special "Easter" gift for them. We made them sit under a blanket while we brought them out. When we pulled the blanket off they were SO excited. They both got Roboquads. They have been playing with them all day long.
Story behind Roboquad purchase....
We usually do not get our boys big gifts for Easter. Joshua's birthday is in April, and Jared and I went shopping for him a few weeks ago. We went to Best Buy and found this robot looking thing on the clearance rack....only $10, so we bought it thinking it would be a great birthday gift. The very next day, all Nathan could talk about was this roboquad robot he had seen in a magazine and how cool it was and that he wanted to save his money for one. We got online and looked at it and saw that it was the exact same thing we had just bought for Joshua, only Amazon was selling them for $80. Jared rushed back to Best Buy and bought the last one. We then thought that we would save Nate's for his birthday (in August). We soon realized what life would be like when Joshua got his for his birthday....not pretty. So we decided to give them to both boys for Easter. Smart move on our part, although now I still have to get something for Joshua's birthday!
6 comments:
Great story about the great find! Don't those just make you so happy?
You're good! My boys didn't dye eggs or get any candy from the Easter Bunny! There is just too much in our house for anymore! Those are a awesome deals! I LOVE good deals! Ben has a Robo Dino that would go great with whatever those things are...bring them out! The picture of them waiting for their presents is priceless!
looks like you had a great easter. Don't you wish the weather was better? Love the new pic of your cute family.
What a great Easter. That was a smart move to give them both the robo things at the same time. No fighting over who gets to play with it next.
Fun Easter! I love the looks on your boys' faces when they saw their presents. I also love the look of concentration on your face, Hillary, dying eggs. I'm sure I looked like that too. Egg dying can be very intense. :)
My girls get jipped on Easter. They did't get to dye eggs, but the bunny did come to our house! I miss your boys!
Post a Comment