Saturday, March 29, 2008

Joshua's Birthday Party!!!!


We had a Birthday Party for Joshua today. It is a little early, but between soccer schedules and dad being out of town, today was the best choice. We invited all his friends from school and church. There were about 15 boys all together, so I decided to let Iowa City Gym Nest help us celebrate. This is an indoor gymnasium....and boy did they have fun. They played dodge ball, tag and kick ball. They jumped on the tramp, played in the "cheese" pit, climbed the wall, swung on the rope, twirled on the bar, and so much more! They were sweaty boys, but they had oodles of fun. We then had cake and icecream and opened presents. Joshua was excited to tell everyone that "Walmart" made his soccer cake....(he knows that mom decorated cakes don't turn out). Joshua was smiling from ear to ear when it was all over. I guess Joshua summed up this day the best when he said, "Mom, this was the bestest day ever!"

6 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like they had so much fun and what a great way to burn off the energy of 15 boys! Wish we were there, tell Josh Happy Birthday!!

510Jen said...

I love the gymnest it is the best place for parties. Especially for boys because they can run around and get all of their energy out!

Jenn S said...

How FUN!!! I think you were right in having it at the gym! All those sweaty boys! Love Josh's red cheeks while blowing out candles....I imagine he didn't stop playing and running for more than 2 seconds!

Katie L. said...

What fun! Don't ask me why but I almost started crying looking at these pictures because he is getting SO big! I miss having you guys around! OK, I'm not emotional anymore! 15 boys! Holy Cow! I wish we had a fun place like that around here! Happy B-day Josh! Did you get our package?

Alison said...

It was a great party! Landon had so much fun. It is amazing to see kids get along with everyone.

Anonymous said...

Super cute pics! I love reading the blog happenings :) Some day I'll start one.