Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Chicago!





My friends and I took a QUICK trip to Chicago last weekend. We left early Saturday morning and came home late Saturday night. My friend Geraldine and her daughter Jordon moved to Iowa last year from Washington state. They came from a small town and had never been to a BIG city before, or seen a sky scrapper. We were talking one day and I told them I would take them to Chicago. They were SO EXCITED! We visited Navy Pier, went shopping on the Magnificent Mile, and then hit the malls on the way home. Geraldine is a BIG Oprah fan, so we stopped by her studio for a picture. We walked a ton and were really tired, but it was so worth it. They were in heaven and I loved seeing their excitement.

5 comments:

Jenn S said...

Fun! Glad you could take her before you left! Good ol' windy city!

Katie L. said...

How fun! I so wanted to be there when I talked to you on the phone!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! No teasing about the skyscraper. I haven't seen any in little old Utah lately either! Glad you had fun.

Mindy said...

What fun that you are so close. The O'Hare Airport is the closest I've come to visiting Chicago. Looks like you had a good time.

Alison said...

You are becoming an expert at visiting Chicago. Glad you had a great time. We love Navy Pier...