Thursday, May 8, 2008

Pine Wood Derby


Pine Wood Derby time again....

Nathan was SO excited to make his car this year. He spent hours on the computer looking for just the right car. He finally decided on a RED Shelby Mustang. He and Jared worked on it (mostly two days before...next year they promised not to procrastinate) and got it looking just perfect. Both Jared and Nathan are BIG TIME perfectionist, so this was a huge undertaking, one which I could have done a lot quicker, but it was great father-son bonding time. The race was a great success and Nathan's car did well. He was very proud!

Nathan also earned his BEAR badge tonight. He also earned two red beads, two silver arrows, and one gold arrow. (For those of you with small boys, just wait, you'll figure all of this out soon enough!) He worked really hard and was very excited to get these awards. We are very proud of him and the great kid he is!

5 comments:

Katie L. said...

That car looks GREAT!!! I can only imagine how long that took those 2 to make! Ha! And I can only imagine you standing over them making them hurry! Ha Ha! I have no idea what you are talking about with the badges but I do know that I will have to learn sooner or later! What a fun night!

Jenn S said...

Great Job Nathan! I can just imagine Jared and Nathan working on this car...did you have to leave and go somewhere??? I wish I could have watched them and laughed! Cute pictures!

510Jen said...

Teresa said it was so fun. Good job Nathan your car ROCKS!

Anonymous said...

It's so fun to see their accomplishments. It's not as easy as it looks so great job!

Robyn said...

Congrats Nate! The car looks like so much fun. I always hoped they would let us make them in YW, but we just learned to cross stictch. I'm going to have to get myself geared up for Cub Scouts when Ian gets old enough-I know how important it was to grandma. Anyway-great job.