
We decided to take the boys over the long weekend to Nauvoo and Carthage for our last big visit. We spent Friday night and Saturday in Nauvoo. Jared and I both did sessions at the temple. Then we went around Nauvoo and visited the sights. We took the horse and carriage ride around Nauvoo and saw some beautiful scenery. Saturday night we went to the performance of Sunset on the Mississippi. It was great fun. The kids participated in a children's parade and Jared even went on stage when the gave tribute to all the branches of military. The weather couldn't have been better, we even needed light jackets. Sunday we went to church in Nauvoo and then to Carthage Jail. It was a nice weekend. We really feel blessed to have lived so close to this wonderful church sight and we will miss it.
8 comments:
I am so glad you guys could go! Sounds like a fun time! We need to go again this summer too! See....you will miss this area too!!!! ha, ha
What a fun weekend. Nauvoo is such a tender place isn't it? I am glad you got to spend some time there before you leave -- boo hoo for us.
How fun! How did you make that picture layout? It's so cute. Your boys are so handsome. I told Hannah, she could pick from either one. Both are acceptable!
How fun! I didn't know that you were going! You are lucky to be that close...and you are good at taking your kids places! What a fun weekend!
It's neat that you have been so close to such a great area. What a fun weekend! I hope your move goes well for you.
I remember doing some of that stuff when we were there with you years ago. You have definatly lived in some fun places!
how nice. you have to do this before you leave. isn't it crazy how close we are to it. we are gonna miss you, but i bet you are ready to move on to the next phase of life.
We really want to go to Nauvoo someday, and it looks like we know who to call to give us all of the good info on the place! It looks like you had such a nice time. When do you leave for your new great adventure?
Post a Comment