Thursday, January 22, 2009

Grandpa Lee



Grandpa and Grandma Lee with Nate and Joshua in 2006

Grandpa Lee passed away last week. It was a bitter sweet thing for our family. We are so glad he is with Grandma and can just imagine how happy they are, but we are sad that he is gone. Grandpa lived a great life. I have so many great memories of him and these I will cherish. I was able to talk with him on the phone the day he passed, and I will also cherish this. The boys and I were able to make a quick trip to Utah to be there for the funeral. We love you and will miss you Grandpa!



Grandpa had many talents, woodworking and painting were two of them. Some of his work was displayed at his funeral.



My mom and her brothers, Dave and Mike.


Me and my sister, Katie.



My whole family





Grandpa Lee served in the Navy and had a military burial.




All the Great Grand Kids, minus 3

8 comments:

Isabelle Cannon said...

I am so glad you could make it to your grandpas funeral. I love grandpas, Tate's middle name is after my grandpa! You have a darling family. sorry for your loss but I bet he is having a great reunion with your grandma. loves

Pam Jorgensen said...

So sorry for your loss...looks like he had a pretty good life though!

Mindy said...

Oh, Hillary. I sure am going to miss them both. It was so good to see you all. I'm sure both Grandpa and Grandma were smiling when we got all those kids together for a picture.

Alison said...

I am sorry Hillary. What precious pictures to remind you of your grandfather and your family. So glad you had the opportunity to go with your boys.

Katie L. said...

That is really nice! I need to add one to my blog for history purposes. We were all so happy to see you guys!

The Otis Family said...

It looked like the funeral went well. If wasn't for funerals and weddings I'd probably never see my extended family. I am so glad you made it to Utah without too many extra adventures. I still would have liked to witness the running through the airport though.

Jessica said...

What a great tribute to grandpa! I sure am going to miss him. Thanks for the pictures. Now I need you to email them to me.

Jenn S said...

Cute Grandma and Grandpa. Glad you could make it out there. Neat that the boys could go to, so they will have that memory!