Jared turned 36 this year. We had a great day. My mom and dad were in town, so we went to Vicksburg, Mississippi to see the battle grounds (my dad is a big history lover). We came home later that night and had chili and corn bread. I made Jared his favorite cake, German Chocolate. Earlier in the week I had taken Joshua shopping with me to buy Jared's presents. He promised he wouldn't tell. Well before the day was over Nathan knew and Joshua was giving Jared hints. "It is so small it fits into mom's purse." "You can use it at work." This went on all week. So I think Jared wasn't too surprised when he opened his gifts up. Needless to say I will be doing birthday shopping by myself from now on. We celebrated that night by watching the Utah/Alabama game. Now let me preface this by saying we are 100% BYU fans, and would almost never cheer for Utah, but they were playing in Louisiana, and they were representing the Mountain West, and it was an awesome game, so we decided it was okay to watch and secretly cheer for Utah one time!


Vicksburg, Mississippi:
Vicksburg, Mississippi:


9 comments:
SO what did Jared get for his gift? I can think of several things that are small and might fit in your purse. Especially with a bag my size.
Happy Birthday OLD MAN!!!! Sheesh, 36??? Just kidding...hope he had a great day....did he get my message??? Hope so!
Also...I LOVE LOVE LOVE that picture of Nate and Josh walking with Nate's arm on Josh....priceless!
The one of the boys is darling.
What fun you are having learning and traveling about the South! So glad your parents could visit and take in a great football game. Happy Birthday to Jared and I too, am curious what the present was?? P.S. we are surviving the foot. I was hopping to much yesterday and jammed my toe on one of my hops so I am pushing a chair around today!!!
I was totally going to call Jared on Friday but it was crazy. So sorry and happy birthday Jared! It looks like you guys had a fun time!
Happy B-day Jared! I told mom to tell you so I hope she did! BTW, what did Jared get for his birthday?
Happy Birthday Jared!
Your getting it! Go UTES!
Happy Birthday Jared.
Happy Birthday Jared, A little late like usual. We were thinking about you all day.
Post a Comment