Tuesday, March 24, 2009

FINALLY!!!!!!!

Take a look at our toothless little boy....




It has taken forever to lose his last top front tooth. You would think with a dad as a dentist, it would be easy, but oh no. Talk about trauma! We had to baby this tooth for weeks.

"Mom, only brush it for 1 second"

"Mom, promise you won't pull it out"

"Mom, don't pull my tooth, please"

"I will look hilarious!"

It was literally hanging on by a thread. On Friday, I told him that we WOULD pull the tooth this weekend....and finally Sunday night (after threatening him that he couldn't have dinner until the deed was done) he let Jared pull it with a tissue. Picture this, Joshua pinned down on our bed, screaming and crying, and one second later..."that didn't really hurt too bad!"

Oh, the drama!

5 comments:

Jenn S said...

Josh cracks me up!!!!! Tell him he looks GREAT! Like a big 1st grader!

You guys are softies...I pinned Lauren down a couple of weeks ago when I felt a loose one... and yanked it myself. It was holding on by more than a thread too.

Heath said...

I am always chasing after the kids with a tissue to yank their teeth out and everytime after much begging not to they always end up saying "is that it, is it out?" crazy kids! Jared had to get an extra adult canine pulled out last week and he was traumatized by the big metal pliers and the huge needle. It was pretty cool to watch and he was pretty brave about it and loved showing everyone his very long tooth. :)

The Swensons said...

Ha Ha! That makes me LOL because I can totally picture Tyler being the same way. But I am proud of Josh for letting you guys pull it -- even if it was on threat of starvation ;) -- and the flower picture are gorgeous! I miss not seeing flowers, not too much grows out here...tumbleweeds are about it.

Jessica said...

You should see Kaylee, she has lost 4 teeth this week. She tries not to smile because she is self concious she has no teeth on the top!

Melissa said...

that poor kid!lol Tell him it makes him look tuff. Wyatt is jealous. He started to wiggle all his front teeth, trying to get one to come out.