We went to some friends house for dinner last night. It was a TRUE Louisiana experience. Guess what we had for dinner.......


Jambalaya and Gator (yes, alligator)! I must say I am a very visual person and I was a little nervous to try it, but it really wasn't that bad. I was able to eat a half a piece. The boys both ate some, so they could say they had, and Jared, well ya'all know him....he went to town!
*Sorry for the picture quality, I only had my cell phone.
8 comments:
You are so brave! I don't know if I could have done it! Good for you, though. Not many people can say they've eaten alligator!! Oh, the memories!!
Okay...doesn't look so appetizing! I can just see Jared, though, "this is good, can I have thirds??"
Thanks for the visual....really, thanks! What an experience!
I am surprised you tried it because it looks nasty! Sorry, but it does! Yuck...but way to go on trying something new!
I'm proud that you tried it. I don't think I could have done it. Kaylee tried chicken heart last time we went to Tucano's. Yuck!!
Next time you come here we will find some crawfish that live in the little ditch in our yard and we will boil them up for you!!
oh alligator - just one of the things we have to look forward to if we move there! And alligator "sausage" no less. I guess, I never thought about it but how would you serve alligator? they should have told you after you ate it.
Jambalya, though? I bet that was pretty good. I was just laughing because a few posts down is Nathan's picture holding the snake. Snakes and alligator are a little too close for me. The thought is just a little too much!!!
WOW! I admire you as I know I would not be strong enough to tackle alligator. There would have to be a lot of water close by. Way to go.
Oh my Hannah Montana!!! I didn't know you got a pic of it!! Ya know it does look nasty. LOL The jumbayala was great though...the jury is still out on the gator! I was just so glad you were a good sport about it. Jason had planned to just spring it on you and tell you after the fact. It's nice to know though that Jared will eat anything we serve from now on and ask for thirds...how else could I have gotten it out of the house. LOL
Post a Comment