Tuesday, January 29, 2008

"The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day!"




Okay, I have to complain, I just can't stand it anymore. Can I just say, I am so sick of Iowa's weather..... Someone told me yesterday that Iowa stands for: I Owe the World an Apology..... all I can say is Amen! I am so sick of the cold, the negative temperatures, the wind, the snow, the cracks in my fingers, the sand all over the house, the coats and mittens and hats and boots covering the heater outlets, the dirty car, the cabin fever, the dog living in the garage, the heater continually running, and I could go on and on....... Today, they let school out early. The temperature is -24 with wind chill. The snow is blowing so hard (40-50 mph), I can't see anything, and I think the wind is going to blow in our garage door any second now. We need a vacation! (Any one want to come visit anytime soon?)

11 comments:

Katie L. said...

You can come visit us!!! Anytime! Just let me know! And no thanks on the invite...Iowa does appeal to me!

Jenn S said...

Classic! I will have to use that about what Iowa means. I seriously can't stand this place....I'm leaving with you guys this summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pam Jorgensen said...

Come stay with us! I had to open up all my doors and windows yesterday to let the 65 degree fresh air blow thru my house!

Laura B said...

Now, now, now...me and my new years resolution say...this is a very quiet, safe, friendly place to live with good food and shopping. Schools are great and there is very little crime. Our ward is awesome and you don't have to wash your car nearly as much as you do in other places(eventhough you want to, it's not worth it) and at this time of year there is no humidity to complain about.
ok ok ok Hillary, you know how I really feel. At least for you there's an end in sight.

Mindy said...

Hillary,I am so sorry! I won't complain about the weather here again! Your poor puppy looks so sad. One more month of bad stuff. Spring is coming! (I feel the same way about snow gear all over the heating vents).

Isabelle Cannon said...

amen Hillary! I am sick of this freezing cold weather. Just think we both have less than 6 months of this stuff. We can make it!!!!

Alison said...

I feel your pain! Flynn is in San Diego on business with trips to Florida and Arizona in February. He called and I got to tell him it is snowing again! Just think, you will look back on your experience in Iowa with fondness and identify with all of us next year when we are complaining and you will be somewhere warm...we hope? Hang in there!

Jessica said...

You can come and visit me. Cory asked me the other day how long of a drive is it to Iowa, there is some equipment out there. I told him I was coming if he went!

510Jen said...

AMEN I love what iowa stands for it is so true. We just may get spring sometime. Sick of it sick of it.

Robyn said...

WoW! That is cold and if you have the Lee circulation your fingers and toes are probably about ready to fall off! Drink lots of hot cocoa.

Page Family said...

Sorry to hear that it is so cold there. Hopefully you will go somewhere warm next. Did you find a new site to get your cute background from?