Saturday, January 5, 2008

Where would you want to live?






Okay, so we got our list of Endodontist openings at Air Force Bases in July. Our choices are:

1. Yokota AFB; Tokyo, Japan
2. Kadena AFB; Okinawa, Japan
3. Lakenheath AFB; Cambridge, England
4. Barksdale AFB; Shreveport, Louisiana

We don't get to choose, but we rank in order where we want. We will find out March 1st. I must say I am really not excited about any of the choices, and going over seas scares me. I thought I would take a poll to see where all of you would live if you could. So everyone vote, so I can see what you all think....





15 comments:

Pam Jorgensen said...

I would prefer to stay in the states. It's expensive overseas. But! I had friends that lived overseas with the military and they LOVED it. Living on the base gets you American schools, shopping etc. They traveled as residents but lived as Americans. Nice set-up!

Laura B said...

I would definately have to do a lot of research about living overseas first cause I know nothing, so right now my vote would be stateside. But then again I know nothing about shreveport and it could be like living in a foriegn country as far as I know??? Gosh Hillary, I don't envy your position. Good Luck!!!

Laura B said...

ok. I just changed my vote. I think it would be fun and adventurous to live in Ok, Japan for 3 years. Think of all of those memories for you and your family. My sister's Mother in Law is from there. She cooks some amazing food!! I'll ask my sister if she would live there and let you know.

Lark said...

Cute Family....I Say England!

Email me!!!!

robnlark@hotmail.com

Jenn S said...

I totally vote for England. How cool would that be...chance of a lifetime! You could assimilate there, whereas, in Japan you guys might "stick out" a little. hee, hee

Katie L. said...

Why is Utah never an option?

Anonymous said...

Wow what a crazy few years you have to look forward to!! The fun and adventuresome side of me shouts Japan Japan! What a learning experience it could be for you, and talk about living in the missionfield! The normal, safe and secure side of me says, Louisiana, and the cultured, oh my gosh I love that accent side says LONDON! Whatever the outcome is you will all do fabulously because you've got each other...right!

Page Family said...

I have a friend that is in Okinawa. He is a Navy dentist. All of their pictures are beautiful. Look at her blog:
http://www.orientalball.blogspot.com/

510Jen said...

My vote is England. It would be beautiful and you could actually be able to understand them. I actually love their accents! Good luck keep us posted.

heidi k said...

I vote Cambridge, but what do I know! I would talk to as many military families as I could who had lived in those places with school age kids. You'll make the right choice.

Jessica said...

I vote Utah! Oh wait, that's not an option:( Part of me wants you to go to England so I can come and see you but I want you as close as possible which make LA and option. Good luck! Miss you guys!

Isabelle Cannon said...

I am so not adventurous so I would say Lou. What happened to Florida? I thought that was one of the options! Anyway, if you can't live in the states I would say England. I have a cousin that lived on base over there and loved it. Good Luck, can't wait to hear

Jenn S said...

So have we helped you out at all with this poll? Can't wait for March 1st to find out!!!

Jenn S said...

nice picture....did you have to outshine me though??? now i have to do something fancy!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.