Why is it that we as moms feel in order to be "great" in the eyes of our children, we must present them with some fantastic activity? In my attempt to be an awesome mom, we tried some fun activities this weekend.
First, Nathan and Nathan (his great friend) and Joshua made carmel apples. They didn't look that great and actually didn't taste that great (the carmel was a little different), but they liked it and Jared will eat the apples.
Then on Sunday night we decorated our Halloween House. I remember doing this for the first time last year and telling myself "never again" (because of the yucky black frosting) .....fast forward one year and guess what, I gave in. We decided to use mostly orange frosting this time. As you can see it turned out more like a "drippy" Halloween House. Yes, I followed the directions, but the frosting was too runny...and the black frosting, a nightmare all over again. I really think that next year we will need to find a substitute for this activity. The boys had a great time doing it so it was worth it! 
All in all my attempt to be a great mom was a success, I think. We will see what I can pull out of my hat for next weekend.
*For those wondering why my boys are shirtless, we are just trying to adapt and become as southern as we possibly can (hee, hee, hee)!
7 comments:
How fun!! Let me know if you come up with any other fun fall activities! We miss you guys! Happy Halloween!
I know the feeling with the activity thing! Half the time I end up getting so done with it that I get onry! Ha! I was wondering about the shirts! Let me know of any other fun activities! We miss you guys tons!
The frosting melts cause its too blasted hot down here. At least that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. By the way, love the white trash outfit your boys are wearing. Ha, ha, ha
Next stop...West Virginia...maybe Jared could help the people there with 2 teeth.
LOL you are funny Hillary. I just thought you were trying to keep nasty frosting off their shirts, but hey when in Rome. . . go redneck! :) It looks like you guys had fun.
Hey...too bad Halloween will be over when you come, or I would make you do it all over again with us! hee, hee! Love their scary faces....those rednecks make me laugh! I didn't buy one for my kids this year...no way!!!
You are so good! One of these years I need to get a spooky house. By the time I do, my kids probably will not want to make one. Also, gotta love the "skin!"
Post a Comment