Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vacation!

Moving to Louisiana has been a hard adjustment. It's not that I miss Iowa, I just miss my friends. I felt I left so fast, that I didn't get a good chance to say good-bye. Half my friends were in Utah or Washington when we moved, so I really needed to get back to see them. I know, no one ever thought they would here me say I wanted to vacation in Iowa, but I did. Jared worked out his schedule and we were able to make it work. I had a great time. I stayed with my great friends Gary and Gwen. I was so excited to visit the Stringham's, especially the girls and little Clayton (no offense Jenn)! As you can see they were so excited to see me. As Lauren's bus drove up, she noticed me and just went crazy and of course I started to cry. Izzie was excited too and I got a great big hug. Clayton was only a week old when I left, so I was so excited to see him. He has gotten SO big! I have another friend who is going to have a baby this Spring, so maybe I will have to plan another trip.





We had TONS of fun! We went shopping, got pedicures and our eyebrows waxed, stayed up very late (sorry Gwen), played games, and ate, ate, and ate, some more. For those of you who know Iowa, you know there really isn't a ton to do, but we had fun just hanging out and talking. Gwen had a party at her house for a bunch of friends. It was so great to see everyone and eat yummy food.
It was a great trip, but I realized that Louisiana isn't so bad.... 30's in Iowa, 70's in Louisiana. Not a hard choice!

8 comments:

The Otis Family said...

I have to admit the best picture is the one of your eyebrowns. Love it. I'm glad you had such a fun trip. Maybe someday we'll both ditch the boys and head somewhere without them.

Mindy said...

It is always good to spend time with friends. 'm glad you got to see some of yours. You are going to have friends all over the country by the time you guys are done with your moving adventures!
By the way- you look a ton like your mom in some of those pictures. :)

Melissa said...

UHHHHH....I DON'T RECALL A TRIP BACK TO NM!?!?! Didn't miss us that much, huh? j/k Glad you were able to see your friends again.

Jessica said...

I wish you made a trip out to Utah to see your sisters! We could have some fun girl time, I would even take time off work! You have a free place to stay;) Glad you had a fun time visiting with your friends!

[S Rizzle] said...

sorry that I missed all the fun. YOu look like you have a great time though!

Alison said...

Hillary, it was so fun to see you and hope that we will be able to connect again soon. You look great and hey, it is cold today -- 20s so enjoy your balmy temps.

Laura B said...

Great to see you. Come and vacation here again:)

Amy said...

I am SOOOO bummed that we missed you while you were here!!! Arg! (Dang trip to Utah!) Love you honey and I hope you come back soon :(