The kids didn't get to have Halloween parites at school or wear their costumes, but they did get to have "Pumpkin Light Night". Let me explain....

Every class at the school creates a pumpkin display. The room mom (aka: Me) comes up with a theme and creates a huge spectacular production. This is a huge deal here and parents and kids really get into it. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. After hours of brainstorming and decorating it all came to a close, and it turned out okay. They have a Halloween type carnival with food, entertainment, and the displays are all lit up for people to see. I was amazed at some of the ideas and displays people did, so I had to take pictures to show just how crazy it gets.
7 comments:
Looks like fun, your boys are so big I can't believe it. I have to tell you Hillary you are the only reason I agreed to come here to Albuquerque. I kept telling myself "Hillary loved it, so it can't be that bad." I am so glad I had you to pave the way for me! And I really do love it here! You were right! Thank you so much!!!
Way to go Hillary!! I sounds and looks like Halloween is very much alive in Louisana. Love all the displays (it can kind of be stressful being room mom, huh!) Love the costumes and your blog's background -- you are always so clever!
Wow! The pumpkin displays look really cool. What a fun Halloween you had--I'm going to go upstairs right now and throw what's left of the candy in the freezer (I've already ate about 8 times as much as my kids have)!
That's a really cool idea for an activity. The candy thing is killer. I tell them not to eat a bunch & I eat twice as much as them. Thank goodness Pat eats them up too, so the good stuff won't last long.
Holy cow that is a big thing there! I can't click on the picture to make them bigger but I wanted to see which one you did. The boys looked great, loved the Harry Potter look, and I REALLY need pictures of them! :) Have fun in Iowa!
hey...nice pictures.. but I need you to enlarge them so that when I click on them they get bigger. (hee, hee)
How cute! What was your theme for the pumpkins?
Post a Comment