Christmas Eve was pretty much a regular day for us. Jared saw patients all day. (Who wants to have a root canal on Christmas Eve?) I went to the gym in the morning and then spent the day doing laundry and cleaning the house. Joshua helped me make cookies for Santa. Unfortunately all our friends here in Louisiana are locals, and have lots of extended family around, or they traveled to be with family, so we were on our own for dinner. We decided to have a fun dinner, we fixed appetizers: chicken wings, brushetta, quiche, and shrimp. It was really yummy! After dinner, the boys opened a few gifts: their Christmas jammies and family ornament (thanks Grandma Swenson) and our annual Christmas book. After we were all dressed for bed, we curled up on the couch and read our new book "The Miracle of the Wooden Shoes" (highly recommended!) and then watched Polar Express. It was a nice and relaxing evening with the family!


4 comments:
You're so on the ball. Already having your blog updated. I can't even think about it yet. By the way, because of the mess w/airlines they extended our trip until the 1st so we'll be getting back super late but maybe we can see you the 2nd.
So yummy. I love appetizers on Christmas Eve. Missed having Christmas Eve with you like last year! Just not the same without you guys!!!! Your boys look so great in their jammies....where are yours?
You might not think that you are lucky but in a way you were...we were SO tired after all of the traveling and visiting yesterday and the day before that I think that the boys had had it! I wish that we could have stayed home and enjoyed it a little more. We had 7 visits! Maybe if we both combined it would be just right! It sounded like the perfect night but I am so sorry about the present in the morning.
We missed you guys! Next year come here instead of Disneyland!!
Post a Comment