Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas!!

Well, lets just say, yeah it is over! We had quite the eventful day today. I won't bore you with all the details, but lets just say we had a lot of mishaps with presents this year. Needless to say, the kids were very understanding with promises of "we will fix this mess tomorrow." So the day after Christmas was spent returning, exchanging and making up for all the mistakes. Next year we are not having Christmas at our house, we will celebrate by going on a family vacation... Disney World, cruise, the beach, we will see!


Aside from all of the "present" stress, the day was nice. We did have a great breakfast (hurray for monkey bread) and a yummy dinner. The kids did have a few things from Santa to keep them busy and we did spend the day with each other! The weather was nice and warm, but we did manage to model our new BYU apparel!




We did find time to reflect and give thanks for all that we do have, and remember the real reason for celebrating Christmas, our Savior. We hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Katie L. said...

I love the BYU stuff! It looks like a fun Christmas and your tree looks great too! Have fun with Mom next week!

Alison said...

Ohhhh! Your food looks so yummy. You make me chuckle about your Christmas presents and "mistakes" I think one of these years, I would like to go away for Christmas to some place warm and fun. You know it is kind of funny, I was lookiing at a map of Louisiana and saw Nachidoches and wondered how to pronounce. What a fun place to visit -- I love all your pictures. Glad you all had a good Christmas and Happy New Year!

kendra said...

We had to have a day of returning presents too - what's up with that? Sadly, it was all Landon's stuff that didn't work so he felt a little picked on. Oh well, turned out fine. Your Christmas Dinner looked great. I agree that a Christmas trip just might be a great way to celebrate. Glad you had a great Christmas.

Jenn S said...

Oh....Christmas! Glad you got your cute sweatshirts....it's the one thing I asked for, but didn't get! Next year, you better go to Orlando...you will regret it forever if you don't. You are so close to FL and the boys are a perfect age!!! DO IT!!!! Merry Christmas!

Melissa said...

I agree with the no christmas next year, we will go with you to disneyworld!

Mieke said...

That's a great pic of you guys decked out in your byu stuff! Too bad it's totally the wrong team :) I'm glad to hear that you cheered on Utah in the Sugar Bowl! You guys look great - I can't believe how much your boys have grown! Hope you're enjoying 2009!