Friday, December 12, 2008

What a GREAT Thursday!

We had a great day today. My friend called me and told me that the space shuttle was sitting on the runway on base, if we wanted to go and see it. (Thanks Kaye!) This was a no brainer for me. If you really know my boys, especially Nathan, this would be the coolest thing ever. We jumped into the car and raced to the base, and this is what we saw.............

Pretty cool, huh! It was in route to Florida, and made a rest stop at the Air Force Base.



It was also the Stockwell Elementary Christmas Program. All the 4th and 5th graders got to perform. It was called, "North Pole Radio Hour", and it was incredible. They had it at a local Baptist Church and the ambiance was awesome. Nathan sang in the choir. He did a great job. Now, don't pass out, but I am going to brag about living here in the south for a minute. At the start of the performance they said a prayer and then at the end they sang a song about our Savior. It was great to see everyone enjoying the true Christmas spirit!

9 comments:

Alison said...

It has been so much fun catching up on the Cardon Family's adventures. I don't know where the time has gone. Wow! Cool pictures of the space shuttle and I wish we could have a school program like yours here in Iowa, and you could imagine all the protests, especially in Liberal Iowa City, oh well.... Glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with family, there is nothing better. Good luck with all of your Christmas preparations. Take care.

The Otis Family said...

I think you have a pretty shot of the shuttle. You have to teach me how you marked Nate on the picture though. That's awesome. I'll need Blog 101 classes.

Katie L. said...

That space shuttle pictures is awesome! Ben keeps wanting to look at it! I am proud of Nate for singing. Man, I wish that I could be around to go and hear these things...it stinks. :(

Kristina said...

Looks like you guys have been having a lot of fun. Kara was looking at your blog with me and she loved looking at the shuttle. :) I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

Jenn S said...

This is one of your coolest posts! I LOVE that shot of the shuttle...PRICELESS! How cool is that! Your boys will never forget that! I bet they loved that!

Also, those of us in Iowa, can only dream about having a Christmas program through the schools. Stinkin' liberal whackos here! LA has its perks...see! If if makes you feel any better...Wickham isn't even doing a sing-a-long at Christmas....doing it on January 15to honor Martin Luther...sheesh!!

Robyn said...

My boys will be so jealous that you got to see the space shuttle--how cool! What a fun Christmas program...can't wait until my kids are in school so I have someone to go watch! Have a Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

Cool picture of the Space Shuttle. Wish we could have heard Nate's performance. BTW, thanks for the help with the RS lesson! It helped

kendra said...

very cool about the space shuttle. Nate is turning into a little man. I remember Jared saying. "I want my boys to know, do, be ..." Well tell Jared you and him are doing a great job!

MegT said...

That is cool...Ethan would have totally loved that. Thanks for your cute Christmas card!