Raspberry Peach Strawberry What a productful day I had! I made three different batches of jam. No, there was not a good sale on fruit in Louisiana. My grandma taught me a great thing about making jam. When the fruit is on sale, buy it and mix it with lemon juice and freeze it in big jars. That way when you are out of jam, you pull it out of the freezer and have fruit to make it with. My family LOVES this jam.
Our favorites:
Jared: Raspberry
Hillary: Peach
Nathan: Raspberry
Joshua: Strawberry
Now I just need to make some homemade bread to go with it! Maybe tomorrow.
10 comments:
looks good! It's a dying art I think...I need to learn.
Yummers! Can you send me some? PLEEEEEEZE! It looks so great and I must say that I am impressed with your productivity today!
Can you say... YUMMY! I love jam too. I had 4 big jars in my suitcase from my mother-in-law (coming home from Utah) and it was too heavy so I had to ditch 3 and only come back with 1 - boo hoo!
We want some! I gave you some podawadame (you know what I mean, I don't think there is an actual word to spell check) when I made that so you need to send me out some! Ha! Just kidding, but I would love to have some of that on pancakes or hot rolls...yum!
Can you mail me some? I dont can or do jam! Oh and send some duck nuggets while your at it!
in the words of Landon, "No FAIR!" Ha Ha.. It looks so good. That fruit and lemon juice is a great trick. I will definitely be using it.
So did you buy fruit or is it from last summer??? I love homemade jam. Good job Hillary.
Look at you go! Oh how I LOVE freezer jam.
Yum....wish I could have some!!! Love your new haircut, so cute on you. Tom is jealous that the Ute bowl game is close to you, he wants to go so bad!
Yay for Grandma's tips huh? Your jam looks great!
Post a Comment