Wednesday, September 16, 2009

By: Joshua Cardon

We have an author in our home. Joshua has really gotten into writing stories lately. He has a journal he writes in and he tells me he is working on Fiction and Non Fiction. He is SO proud of them and wants to share them with everyone!

Here are two of his creations:

One day my brother and me was at Utah. It was snowing. We made snow forts. It was so fun. Then I had to go to my grandpa's funeral. It was sad. He was a soldier. He was 86 then he died. The soldiers came too. His name was Grandpa Lee. He was a good grandpa. The End

Once upon a time a lost puppy didn't have a home. The next day he found one. But it was a haunted mansion. Then he realized his mother was dead. He started to cry. Then he realized he got bit by a rat with rabies. Then he ran to the hospital. They told him they didn't have medicine for it. The next day he prayed. Then the next day he lived. The End

Two stories about death...should I be worried?

7 comments:

Pam Jorgensen said...

Nope! He's a boy alright!

Jenn S said...

I LOVE this kid! He makes me smile and I love his stories. He is doing great and definitely all boy! Good job Josh!

Katie L. said...

That is awesome! I love that he writes! Maybe you should give him a new subject...something that is living and not with rabies! :)

Jessica said...

I think he has a great imagination and is a fabulous writer! Keep up the good work!

kendra said...

Don't be worried - the dog prayed and then he lived!! Pretty cute. And I especially love that one was non-fiction and the other is fiction. Awesome!

Maybe I should be worried...Landon's stories involve nothing but star wars characters. Landon has even made an assignment to write about a ground hog into a star wars-groundhog adventure. One track mind, that kid!

Laura B said...

I love it! He is so smart. I can't get sierra to write anything on her own. Thank goodness for teachers, right?! Miss you.

Heath said...

Every time my kids play some imaginary game their parents are always dead. I always wonder if they know something I don't or if it is wishful thinking on their part. :)