Tuesday, January 3, 2012

CHRISTMAS


We had a great Christmas, and I was SO glad it was on Sunday. It was nice getting to go church. It made the day more "Christ"masy!
We all woke up around 8:00ish. We had a great breakfast, let the kids open their stockings, and then went to church. Once we got home we read the Christmas Story from the Bible, and then opened presents. I am so mad at myself, because I took before pictures and then totally forgot to take pictures during and after all the excitement. After a relaxing afternoon, we had a yummy traditional Christmas dinner and dessert! It was a great day, although we really missed spending it with our extended families!
Our boys were so thoughful this year. Joshua made Jared a name plate out of clay and me a coupon book full of great coupons!

Nathan bought Jared and I both nice Christmas decorations to add to "Grandma Lee's tree". Here is a quick story behind the tree. A few years ago my Grandma died, and then sometime later my Grandpa died. When my family was going though their things they came across all her Christmas decorations and tree. Nobody wanted it, so I said I would take it and into our storage unit it went. I wondered if I would ever be able to use it. So when we moved to Alaska, we stopped in Utah and cleaned out the storage unit and I got to bring "Grandma Lee's tree" with us. We put it up in our entry way and every time we walk past it we think of her.

GRANDMA LEE'S TREE

2 comments:

Katie L. said...

I love that tree. What great gifts from your boys.

Jenn S said...

Merry Christmas! Your decorations are so great...love your grandma's tree! That will mean so much every year!