Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gotta LOVE this kid!

We LOVE our Joshua! He is so thoughtful. He came to me one day and said he wanted to find a recipe for homemade dog treats. He was going to make Pete a Christmas present. We googled dog treats and found a yummy looking one. He made them with peanut butter, corn meal, oats and a few other ingredients. He then cut them out with a moose cookie cutter. He put them in a bag and has been giving them to Pete everyday. Pete loves them too!Josh also was determined to make cookies for Santa. He had told me days in advance what to get: oreos, cream cheese, and white chocolate. He mixed the crushed up oreos with the cream cheese and made them into balls. Then he dipped them in white chocolate. He was so proud! He even wrote a letter, asking Santa to save just a few for him. Josh did find out about Santa this last year, but it makes me smile to think that he still has the fun inside of him!


4 comments:

The Alaska DeKays said...

Hey Hillary. Hope you don't mind me "finding" your blog. Cherie told me that you do some great layouts with your pictures. I love Josh's cookies/truffles. I make them too..and eat way too many.

The Alaska DeKays said...

Hey Hillary. Hope you don't mind me "finding" your blog. Cherie told me that you do some great layouts with your pictures. I love Josh's cookies/truffles. I make them too..and eat way too many.

Katie L. said...

Grandma Lee would be SOOOOO proud of him! He is such a cute kid and I loved the picture with the dog. I should let my kids help me out more in the kitchen.

Jenn S said...

Yes, I do....love that kid! He is adorable in every single way! I can't wait for him to be my son-in-law!!!