We decided to take the boys downhill skiing over the holidays. The Air Force Base has a little resort that is very reasonable and small, so it was perfect for their first trip. I am the only one who has skied, so I was in for an adventure. We went night skiing (hence the poor quality of pictures). The boys picked up on it really quick. We started on the tow rope and then moved to the lift. Josh did great from the start. Nathan was a little more hesitant, but by the nights end, was doing great. Jared on the other hand was....lets just say it was hilarious to watch. Jared did okay skiing, it was the getting off the lift he couldn't do. He would crash every time. The first time he crashed, did a summersault, and lost a ski. Then stood up and crashed again into the bamboo poles. They stopped the lift and would come out to help him. I couldn't do anything but laugh. It was so funny! I would ride up the lift before him, and every time the guy in the control booth would see him coming, he would slow down the lift, hoping it would help him, but it didn't. After 5 tries, he finally got it down. Other than that we had a blast, and can't wait to go again!

3 comments:
Mat really wants to take our kids now that he has seen this. I am laughing thinking about Jared falling! Ha!
I would have loved he see Jared crashing at the top.
Okay, that is the funniest story I have ever heard! I wish I could have been there! Oh, my gosh, I would've peed my pants! Great memories!!!
Post a Comment